Very rough translation. Looks to be generated by the Russians to annoy the US. The original document is here.
GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION ORDER on April 30, 2015 № 788-p MOSCOW
On signing the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the People's Republic of Cooperation in the field of international Information Security In accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 11 of the Federal Law "On international treaties of the Russian Federation" to approve submitted Ministry of Foreign Affairs Russia agreed with other interested federal executive bodies and previously worked with the Chinese side of the project Agreement between Government Russian Federation and the Government of the People's Republic of China on cooperation in the field of international information security (Attached).
Instruct the Russian Foreign Ministry to hold talks with the Chinese side and reached an agreement to sign on behalf of the Government Russia said Agreement, allowing make in the attached draft changes without principle character.
Prime Minister Russian Federation Medvedev
AGREEMENT between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the People's Republic of China Cooperation in the field of international Information Security
Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of The People's Republic of China, hereinafter referred to as the Parties, Guided by the provisions of the Treaty of Good-Neighborliness and Friendly Cooperation between the Russian Federation and China Republic of July 16, 2001
Noting the significant progress in the development and introduction of new Information and Communication technology forming the global information space,
Attaching great importance to the role of information and communication technology in promoting economic and social development for the benefit of all humanity and the maintenance of international peace, security and stability
Expressing concern threats related to possible the use of such technologies in the civil and military spheres in order, not compatible with the objectives of international peace, security and stability, in order to undermine the sovereignty and security State and interference in their internal affairs and violation immunity private life citizens destabilization the political and socio-economic environment, kindling ethnic and religious hatred,
Attaching great importance to the international information Security as one of the key elements of the international Security
Reaffirming that the sovereignty and international rules and principles derived from the state sovereignty, It applies to the conduct of States in activities related with using Information and Communication technologies and jurisdiction States infrastructure in their territory, and that the state has the sovereign right to define and implement public policies to issues related to information and telecommunications network "Internet", including security, emphasizing the joint work within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization,
Convinced that the further deepening of trust and development interaction Sides in the utilization Information and communication technologies are urgent and the need to meet their interests,
Taking into account the important role of information security to ensure the fundamental rights and freedoms of man and citizen,
Attaching great importance to the balance between providing security and human rights in the field of information and communication technologies,
In order to prevent the threat of international information security, protect the interests of the Parties Information Security in order to create an international information environment for which is characterized by peace and cooperation, trying to form a multilateral, democratic and transparent international system of governance ICT network "Internet" in order to internationalize management information and telecommunications network "Internet" and ensuring equal rights of states to participate in this process, including democratic governance, basic resources ICT network "Internet" and their equitable distribution,
Desiring to create a legal and institutional framework for cooperation Parties in the field of international information Security Have agreed as follows:
Article 1: Basic Concepts
For the purposes of interaction between the Parties in the implementation of this Agreement, the basic concepts, the list of which is given in the annex, which is an integral part of this Agreement. The said application may, as appropriate, supplemented, updated and renewed by agreement of the Parties.
Article 2: The main threats in the field of international information security
In the implementation of cooperation in accordance with this Agreement Parties believe that the main threats international information security are the use of Information and communication technologies:
- To carry out acts of aggression aimed at the violation sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of States and pose a threat to international peace, security and strategic stability;
- To cause economic and other damage, including by providing a destructive impact on the facilities information infrastructure;
- For terrorist purposes, including for the promotion of terrorism and engaging in terrorist activities and more supporters;
- To commit offenses and crimes, including related to unauthorized access to computer data;
- To interfere in the internal affairs of states, disorders public order, incitement of ethnic, racial and confessional strife, racist and xenophobic propaganda ideas and theories that give rise to hatred and discrimination, incite to violence and instability, as well as to destabilize the political and socio-economic situation, violations governance;
- For the dissemination of information that harms political and socio-economic Systems, spiritual, moral and cultural environment of other States.
Section 3: Key areas of cooperation
- In view of the major threats identified in Article 2 of this Agreement, the Parties authorized representatives and the competent authorities of the Parties, which are determined in accordance with Article 5 of this Agreement, shall cooperate in ensuring international information security the following areas:
- Definition, coordination and implementation of the necessary cooperation in the field of international information security;
- The establishment of communication channels and contacts for sharing respond to threats in the sphere of international information security; 3) interaction in development and promotion norms international law in order to ensure national and international information security;
- Joint response to the threats in the field of international information security as defined in Article 2 of this Agreement;
- The exchange of information and cooperation in law enforcement area in order to investigate cases involving the use of information and communication technologies for terrorist and criminal purposes;
- The development and implementation of the necessary joint measures trust conducive to international information security;
- Cooperation between the competent authorities of the Sides in the software security critical information infrastructure States Parties exchange technology and cooperation between the competent authorities States Parties to respond to computer incidents;
- The exchange of information on the legislation of the Parties on the issues of information security;
- To contribute to improving the international legal framework, and practical mechanisms to ensure cooperation between the Parties international information security;
- The creation of conditions for cooperation between the competent authorities States Parties to the present Agreement;
- To enhance cooperation and coordination the States Parties on issues of international information security within the framework of international organizations and forums (including the United Nations, the International Telecommunication Union, the International Organization for Standardization, Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the BRICS countries, Regional Forum of the Association of Southeast Asian security etc.);
- The promotion of research in the field of international information security, joint scientific research;
- Joint training of specialists, exchange of students, graduate students and higher educational institutions;
- Conduct of meetings, conferences, seminars and other forums delegates and experts of the Parties in the field of international information security;
- Establishment of a mechanism of cooperation between the competent authorities of the Parties to exchange information and share Use of information on existing and potential risks, threats and vulnerabilities in the area of information security, their identification, assessment, research, mutual information about them, as well as to prevent their occurrence. 2. The Parties or the competent authorities of the Parties may mutual agreement to define other areas of cooperation.
Article 4: General principles of cooperation
- The Parties shall cooperate in the field of international information security in the present Agreement in such a way that such cooperation contributed economic and social development, consistent with the objectives the maintenance of international peace, security and stability and consistent with generally recognized principles and norms of international law, including the principles of peaceful settlement of disputes and conflicts, non-use or threat of force, non-interference in internal affairs, respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, and the principles of bilateral cooperation and non-interference in information the resources of the Parties.
- The activities of the Parties under this Agreement shall be compatible with the right of each Party to seek, receive and disseminate information, taking into account the fact that such a right can be restricted by the legislation of the Parties in order to ensure national security.
- Each Party shall have an equal right to protect the information resources of their state against misuse and tampering, including computer attacks on them. Each Party shall not with respect to the other Party such actions and assist in the implementation of the other Party this right.
Article 5: Basic forms and mechanisms of cooperation
- For practical cooperation in specific areas under this Agreement, the Parties may exercise by the competent authorities of the Parties, responsible for the implementation of this Agreement. Within 60 days the date of entry into force of this Agreement, the Parties will exchange for Data diplomatic channels of the competent authorities of Parties responsible for the implementation of this Agreement.
- In order to create a legal and institutional framework for cooperation in specific areas, the competent authorities the Parties may enter into appropriate agreements interdepartmental character.
- The procedure of exchange determined by subparagraph 15 paragraph 1 of Article 3 of this Agreement, as well as used to this message formats and means of protection of information transmitted determined by the relevant agreements between the competent authorities of the Parties.
- In order to review the implementation of this Agreement, exchange of information, analysis and joint assessment of emerging threats Information Security, as well as the definition, coordination and coordination of joint response to such threats Parties carried out on a regular basis, consultation Commissioners representatives and the competent authorities of the Parties. Consultations held by agreement between the Parties, usually 2 times a year alternately in the Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China. Each of the Parties may initiate additional advice, offering their time and place of, and agenda day.
Article 6: Data protection
- The Parties shall ensure adequate protection of transmitted or created in the course of cooperation under this Agreement information to which access is limited and the divulged in accordance with the legislation of the Parties. Protection of such information in accordance with the legislation and (or) relevant regulatory acts recipient Party. Such information shall not be disclosed, is not transferred without written consent of the Party that is the source of this information and properly designated in accordance with legislation of the Parties.
- Protection of State Secrets of the Russian Federation and (or) protection of state secrets of China during Cooperation under this Agreement are carried out in accordance with the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the People's Republic of Reciprocal provision of protection and preservation of classified information May 24, 2000, as well as the legislation and (or) corresponding normative legal acts of the Parties.
Article 7: Funding
- The parties shall bear their own costs of participation of their Representatives and experts in relevant activities the execution of this Agreement.
- In respect of other costs related to the execution this Agreement, the Parties in each individual case can negotiate a funding arrangement in accordance with the legislation of the Parties.
Article 8: Relation to other international agreements
This Agreement shall not affect the rights and obligations of each Party under other international treaties, to which it is a state, and not directed against any third state.
Article 9: Dispute Resolution
The Parties shall resolve disputes that may arise in the the interpretation or application of this Agreement through consultations and negotiations between the competent authorities of the Parties and, if necessary, by diplomatic channels.
Article 10: Final Provisions
- This Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period and It shall enter into force on the 30th day following the date of receipt through diplomatic channels of the last written notification on fulfillment by the Parties internal procedures necessary for its entry into force.
- The parties may make changes to this Agreement, who by mutual agreement of the Parties executed a separate protocol.
- This Agreement may be terminated by 90 days after the date of receipt of one of the Parties through diplomatic channels of written notice to the other Party of its intention to terminate this Agreement.
- In the event of termination of this Agreement, the Parties take measures to fully implement the obligations to protect information and ensure compliance with previously agreed joint activities, projects and other activities carried out in under this Agreement and not completed at the time of termination of this Agreement.